I was asked last month to throw out 10 points that a candidate should use when trying to earn my support. Here's the list I came up with:
If elected, I will:
1. tell you the truth.
2. earn your trust.
3. work hard to make sure that when your great grandchildren turn on the lightswitch, it works.
4. work hard to make sure that our people have jobs that give them the life that they want to live.
5. create a way for people to take their sick children to the doctor whenever they need to.
6. make sure that people who have done their share of the work to build this country get to enjoy what they have built.
7. follow the law and uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States.
8. make sure that the voting process is fair, transparent, and open to all.
9. make the United States a strong nation again by putting forward this vision as an example for other nations to follow.
10. never give up.